Click below for the Weekly Update:
February 23, 2017
February 26, 2017
"Lessons From Esther:
Scripture: Esther 7:1-10
With Pastor Ken Gifford
10:00 AM Kids Zone
10:45 AM Kids Worship
Experience God with us at Thoburn!
Thinking of Visiting? Start Here
Thinking of visiting? Start here.
Thoburn United Methodist Church is an active congregation with a focus of sharing the love of Jesus with all people. Our worship style is somewhat traditional, with a blend of hymns and choruses and a relational focus. You can expect to see traditional elements of worship such as choral anthems and acolytes to light the candles; but you will also experience the use of projection screens in worship, acceptance of people's questions and struggles, and a cup of hot coffee or tea in the entryway!
- We strive to demonstrate an atmosphere of grace, where we see each other as partners on a journey of faith, seeking a healthy balance between faith of the head and faith of the heart and hands.
- There is a nursery available for Sunday services and most major events. The nursery is staffed by an adult and a youth assistant. Pagers are given to parents when they sign their child(ren) in. The silent, vibrating pagers enable parents to be summoned to the nursery if needed.
- We strive to extend the warmest hospitality to all of our guests, including gifts for first-time visitors.
- You should feel free to come dressed as you are comfortable. It is not unusual to see folks in jeans or shorts, while others may be in dresses and suits. There is no "dress code!" We want you to feel comfortable when you are here.
- We do have a wheelchair and a motorized cart available for those with limited mobility. If possible, it is helpful if you can let us know in advance of your need of these so that we can be ready for you without the need for you to wait. There is an "inset" area in the pews near the entrance to the sanctuary to accomodate a wheelchair/cart right along with those seated in the pews.
- Currently, most of our music is in the form of traditional hymns, but we blend in choruses of praise as well. Some Sundays our Sanctuary Choir sings and their anthems represent a broad spectrum of musical styles. We also have two bell choirs (one youth and one adult) that play periodically, a Youth Choir, and the Alpha and Omega Choirs (children) who sing occasionally.
- We would love to have you come and experience God in and through Thoburn Church! Visit us for a Sunday worship service or participate in one of our Bible studies. There are a host of volunteer opportunities that can help you find a way to get to know other people and serve God and the community. Just let us know what you like to do! There's probably an avenue for you to use your gifts at Thoburn Church.
- You don't have to be a "member" to be a part of Thoburn Church. But if and when you are ready to formalize your church membership, we'd love to have you join us! We offer New Member Orientation in the spring and fall. It includes an overview of what it means to be a United Methodist and how we try to live that out in and through our church. Come grow with us!